Wondering about all the hype about Facebook and Twitter? Are you and your customers spending more time watching YouTube? Are you trying to figure out how to capitalize on this trend? Is anyone making money doing this?
Join us for a morning of discussion and demonstrations of the latest in social media capabilities that will help you better understand and use these powerful tools. At this event you will:
- Experience how social media tools and technology are creating and changing communities and markets
- Explore the technology that is driving this change in human behavior
- Learn how other companies are capitalizing on social media in their business
- Glenn Gaudet, Co-founder BATC, CMO of Treedia Labs– Glenn has spent 20 years in media & technology marketing and business development. As one of the pioneers in the use of technology in direct marketing, Glenn provides strategic leadership in business development and marketing in technology and new media offerings. Glenn has led two companies as Chief Marketing Officer where he has been responsible for all aspects of branding and marketing for the entire portfolio which included event, media & online offerings. Glenn is a regular speaker at media and technology oriented events on how to deliver both content and message. Glenn also has produced and hosted numerous podcasts and events. Glenn is an alumnus of Babson College.Glenn’s political Podcast: PoliTalk
Glenn’s political blog: http://politalkblog.wordpress.com
Glenn’s company: http://treedia.com
Glenn’s Twitter: http://twitter.com/glenng/
- C.C. Chapman has been called everything from a new media maven, a podcasting pioneer and even a grounded futurist. He is the Co-Founder and Managing Partner of The Advance Guard. Formed in October 2007, The Advance Guard is a new media consultancy that creates radical marketing programs using emerging technology and community platforms. Our clients include American Eagle Outfitters, Coca-Cola, HBO, Verizon FiOS, Warner Bros and St. Martin’s Press. C.C. is a graduate of Bentley University and is the host of the popular marketing and management podcast Managing the Gray . When not spending time online he can be found shooting photos and spending time with his family in the Metrowest Boston area.C.C.’s Podcast: Managing the Gray
C.C.’s Blog: http://www.cc-chapman.com
C.C.’s Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/cc_chapman
- Waikit Lan, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer of ScanScout has extensive experience building emerging media businesses and technologies. In his role as Co-Founder and President of ScanScout, Waikit leads the company’s vision and growth. Prior to co-founding ScanScout, Waikit was the Director of Strategy and Business Development at Scientific Atlanta (a division of Cisco) where he helped lead product strategy for next-generation media delivery platforms. Before Scientific Atlanta, he was an investor at Bessemer Venture Partners, investing in and working with early-stage technology companies. Prior to serving as a VC, Waikit co-founded Photo.net, one of the largest online photo-databases and served as its VP of Product and Business Development. He has also consulted to the CTO and COO of Technology at Merrill Lynch in the technology strategy and operation areas. Waikit holds Bachelors degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Finance from MIT and an MBA from the Harvard Business School.
- Lin Miao – age 21 (Featured in Fortune, Business Week, Entrepreneurship Magazine, Fortune Small Business and WSRadio) is a leading expert in search engine marketing, performance based marketing and behavorial targeting technologies. He is currently Chief Executive Officer for Tatto Media, a leading behavioral advertising network focused on utilizing technology to produce immediate results. In 2007, Lin along with his business partners were named 2007 top 25 Entrepreneurs under 25 by Business Week. In 2008, Tatto Media was named a Top Global 250 company by AlwaysOn. With proven next generation behavioral and banner optimization technologies, a growing network of premium publishers and brand name advertisers, Tatto Media is fast becoming a technology staple. Today, thousands of companies rely on Tatto Media to deliver billions of targeted impressions around the globe every month. Lin is an alumnus of Babson College.
- Todd Van Hoosear – Todd is a senior analyst and director of client services at SocialSphere Strategies, a business strategy company that helps companies develop strategies to succeed in a web 2.0 world. Todd blogs about social media strategies and technologies and their impact not just on corporate communications, marketing and PR professionals, but also on company executives and other business stakeholders.Todd’s blog: http://morethanmarketing.net/
Todd’s company: http://socialsphere.net/
Todd’s Twitter: http://twitter.com/vanhoosear/
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
- 7:30 Registration, Breakfast, & Networking
- 8:30-9:45 Speaker Presentation
- Needham-Wellesley Room, Olin Hall, Babson College
For more information click here.
YOU WILL HELP DECIDE ON WHAT THE PANEL COVERS…
- Do you have questions for the panel? Use “Leave a Reply” (below).
- Want to make sure we cover a certain topic?
Add a comment to this blog post and we will use your input as our guide.
See Todd’s answers to these questions by clicking here.